Purpose & Goal
Around the time I was working on this, I was working with the PokéAPI for another lesson. Hence I decided to make it Pokemon themed, using the sprites from the API, and the pokemon color scheme as my color palette.
Part of the development was done in class, after which we were tasked to complete it. This included styling the game and adding images and sounds. Once I met the basic task requirements, I added elements I thought would be nice for a game.
- I made 3 difficulty levels, each with a different background music.
- For mobile users, there is a setting menu for choosing the level.
- The "Game Over" music depends on the player's score.
- After reading about UX related to sound effects, I made it possible for users to turn sound on and off.
- Session highscore and sound settings are stored
- Based on user feedback, I included game instructions which popup for first time visitors.
As I mentioned, this webpage contains iterations. And as I continue learning, there might be further iterations.